Jul 22, 2016

#900

The last time I went on about a game I really like, it was in reference to the emotional experience playing Shadow of the Colossus.  Recently, however, I've kept coming back to Bloodborne, a game that, to this day, I have never even touched but seen through completion.  In contrast the the emotion that Shadow evokes, Bloodborne dives into more intellectual territory.  I personally find the concepts such as beasts and men and the (sometimes blurry) line between them, and madness from knowledge particularly intriguing and they work quite well establishing the tone throughout the entire game within a gothic horror setting.  The visual design work in the game also reinforces this unsettling tone with many creatures of such grotesque design that the viewer can't help but take time to try and make sense of what they are seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment